Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Theatres

No, this isn't a story thing-I'll get to those as soon as I find some really good ones, so I'm sorry about that. I couldn't really find anything to post for a while since I was without internet for a while there, then right after it seemed like I had it back it acted up again, so it took a while to straighten out-I think I've got it completely under control now though, so hopefully it'll stick around and won't be so problematic.

Aaaanywho, I have encountered a bit of a problem, and I was curious to know if anyone else had the same thing. My boyfriend Zack and I went to the movies to watch The Hunger Games, and unfortunately had to leave just past the beginning because of me. I don't know what it is about movie theatres, and it's only gotten more and more intense as I've gotten older-but as soon as the sound systems start going, I start getting shaky and having trouble breathing, and as time goes on my lungs constrict more and more, I can physically FEEL the sound pressing on me on all sides, like being trapped in really tight saran-wrap or something that's only crushing tighter and tighter, I start getting dizzy and disoriented, sometimes forget where I am or what I'm doing, and I can feel my heart going a mile a minute really hard in my chest, then I start getting hit with nausia-it's all around a real pain, and it just gets worse and worse the longer I'm there. I could barely walk as we were leaving, and it took ages for me to stop shaking and my heart and breathing to go back to normal. That's part of why I really prefer headphones, and why I loathe heavy bass.

I think it may have to do with another thing I've noticed-I can feel things in the air. Like, if Zack wiggles his fingers near me, but not actually touching me, I feel it as if he were. It's part of why I'm really hard to sneak up on-I can feel when someone is near me, unless it's windy or something else is screwing around with the air currents. It also makes me very antsy and nervous-if I seem to be acting a bit more....dare I say it...Fluttershy-ish on a windy day, or around crowds, that's why. That's part of why I can't stand crowds. Essentially-I can physically feel air currents, moreso than is normal, and physically feel sound.

Anyway, does anyone else have this problem, and if so, how do you deal with it and do you know exactly what it is? I keep saying it's oversensitivity and I'm just a wimp, to which of course my boyfriend vehemently disagrees, and he says it's a gift, though I can see no practical application for it. So, anyone know what I'm talking about?

No comments:

Post a Comment